Powered by Blogger.

So fresh and so clean, clean...Laundry Nook Facelift!!!!!

by - 6:51 AM



Ha!  Ha ha ha ha hahahahah!!!  That's the sound of me laughing at my goal when I started this blog of blogging once a week.  In case you haven't realized, I haven't blogged since before Thanksgiving.  Maybe I'll bore you with a gazillion holiday pictures some other time, and tell you how UH-MAZING our Christmas was this year with Snip, Snail, and of course for Puppy's first Christmas.  Let me just say, trains, Ninja Turtles (hello, 1989!), and Transformers pretty much ran our day. I'll just show you a few pics of our unbelievably blessed Christmas!
Michelangelo (Snail)
Leonardo (Snip)
....and then there's this.  Simply ridiculous how gorgeous this child is.
Anyway....yeah, I'll get back to that all some other time.  Now that the holidays are over, I have a few seconds here or there to do some other things.  Though, isn't it funny how my list never gets smaller or ends?  So I just add more and more to it!  The other day I walked into our laundry room, and I thought "This is really awful."  Every person in our family goes through that room at least twice a day.  OK, so maybe I shouldn't call it a room, but a nook?  A spot?  A through-way?  It's way too small to be considered a room.  Its only function is laundry and it's the way our family enters our home.  One door leads to the garage, the other straight into our kitchen/eating area.  It gets a LOT of traffic, to say the least.  The floor is horrible, and I've done what I can with scrubbing, steaming, covering, etc., but it's crappy floor and grabs dirt and holds on to it forever.  And a lot of people have walked through this area with dirty shoes in the 10 years that it's been here.

Needless to say, the laundry nook (so called from here on out because it's a cute word) needed a redo.  Here are some befores.

This is looking in from our eating area off of our kitchen.  The door that goes into the house.  I told you it was tiny!  My poor, pathetic, ugly floor, bare walls.
I'm almost embarrassed to say that I thought this was semi-organized.  This is looking into the laundry nook from the garage.  Doesn't that little Puppy just look so sweet?  This was day 1 of the double pink eye.  He was still happy and cheerful! 
I'm not a fan of the white wire shelving, but right now, it's what I have to work with!  The hanging basket on the left was for all of Puppy's dirty bibs.  We have a new system for that!
Just had to add this one, because that Puppy is so sweet!

OK, ready for the after?  Cause I'm pretty excited about it!
blue paint is waterscape by Sherwin Williams, and yellow is all spray paint from Wal-Mart

TA-DA!!!!  I have wanted to do a room in this blue and bright yellow for sooooooo long!!!  Don't you just LOVE it!?!?!  And start to finish, this project took me 4 days.  Um, that's with three kids, pink-eye, and a new baby nephew being born!


So fresh and so clean, clean!




Yep.  Both the washer and dryer are going...as they always are!!  The brown charging station has since been cleaned out and is basically empty.  That was the Big Dog's job since it's mostly his stuff!  I HAVE to keep my paper towels in this nook because I go through paper towels like water, so I just stacked them a different way.  The two baskets were old baskets from my basement spray painted yellow and white.  I am going to attempt to spray paint that green basket yellow, but not sure if it'll work.  Haven't gotten to do that yet!  I still don't like that the outlet and connections are visible, but there's really nothing I can do about that for now.  Also, I want to kick TJ Maxx's ass because I bought a fabulous drink dispenser and was so excited to fill it with laundry detergent to have a pretty way to keep my laundry detergent (not the terribly ugly red Tide bottle).  I dumped that entire gigantic Tide bottle into the pretty glass thing only to have it leak all over the washer.  So, I need to return that one and hopefully find a new one that doesn't leak!!!

The vases on the top right were old ones that I had in my basement.  I got the pitcher with the pig (that I adore) at TJ Maxx and I'm slightly obsessed with fake fruit, so I had the lemons.  My mother-in-law gave me the truffle bowl above, I added more lemons.  And to the right, wooden roses my Mom gave me when I graduated from grad school and another yellow pitcher from TJ Maxx.








The basket on the top right still needs another coat or two of spray paint, but I ran out.

Sharpie on a $1 plate. Bake at 350 for 30 min.

I simply ADORE this mirror.  It was white in the bathroom in our first house, then silver in our spare bedroom here, and now with about 5 coats of spray paint, it's yellow!  I really, really, love it and if anything ever happened to it, I'd be devastated!!!  I knew I wanted a mirror here because there's no natural light in this room, but there IS a set of doors directly opposite of this wall.  I wanted a large mirror to reflect that light as much as possible, so I was so excited I finally got to do something with this perfect piece!  So, since this is the place we walk into from getting out of our cars, Snip, Snail, and Puppy each needed a hook for coats and backpacks (eventually). Big Dog and I use the wall tree in the garage or formal living room.  All of our other coats are hanging in the garage. House numbers from Wal-Mart sprayed yellow and hooks from Wal-Mart.  I haven't decided yet if I'm going to leave the hooks white or paint them yellow.  I also have three small picture frames to go above this mirror, but again, need sprayed yellow and I just got the paint, so they'll be done next week.

I LOVE IT!!!!


Back and forth about whether to paint this frame yellow or white.  This is a cheap frame with scrap paper inside and I use a dry erase marker to try to write a reason I love the Big Dog on every day.  I really do do it almost every day!!!  It only takes a second....

This might be my favorite part of the room.  I went to TJ Maxx to find a rug for this room.  I looked online and found some but rugs are so ridiculously expensive.  So, yesterday, with all three boys in the cart, I definitely squealed out loud, and quite loud, when I saw this rug!!!  I love that it has yellow and blue (even though they are different shades) but it's a dark red and I knew I needed a dark color because it's gonna get dirty, there is NO way around that.  It's simply perfect!!!!!  And it will allow me to use other pops of color if I get sick of the yellow!  OH!  And I tried something I found on Pinterest with this...I used my glue gun to put lines of hot glue on the back to keep it from slipping!  Brilliant!!!



 Again, please ignore my horrible floors....they're here to stay for a while!

I actually enjoy walking through our nook, now!!!!  And laundry isn't so bad anymore, either....;)

Bye for now.....





You May Also Like

0 comments